Grand Theft Auto 5 is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Rockstar Games announced today on its official web site.
This is the first time Rockstar has offered release date information for GTA 5, which it announced in Oct. 2011. Hints of a release window were leaked earlier this week when photos of promotional posters from Europe foretold of a spring 2013 date.
Rockstar has a track record of publishing its marquee releases in spring. The developer released Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption during the month of May over the past three years. Grand Theft Auto 4 was released in April 2008.
Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto 5 takes place in Rockstar's vision of Southern California, the "largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created," the company says.
Starting next week on Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto 5 will become available for pre-order, the developer says. More information on the title is expected to be released publicly next month as previews for the open-world crime adventure roll out.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Wii U pre-orders see a huge increase after Gamescom, says Amazon
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?