Grand Theft Auto 5 is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Rockstar Games announced today on its official web site.
This is the first time Rockstar has offered release date information for GTA 5, which it announced in Oct. 2011. Hints of a release window were leaked earlier this week when photos of promotional posters from Europe foretold of a spring 2013 date.
Rockstar has a track record of publishing its marquee releases in spring. The developer released Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption during the month of May over the past three years. Grand Theft Auto 4 was released in April 2008.
Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto 5 takes place in Rockstar's vision of Southern California, the "largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created," the company says.
Starting next week on Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto 5 will become available for pre-order, the developer says. More information on the title is expected to be released publicly next month as previews for the open-world crime adventure roll out.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick