Grand Theft Auto 5 is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Rockstar Games announced today on its official web site.
This is the first time Rockstar has offered release date information for GTA 5, which it announced in Oct. 2011. Hints of a release window were leaked earlier this week when photos of promotional posters from Europe foretold of a spring 2013 date.
Rockstar has a track record of publishing its marquee releases in spring. The developer released Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption during the month of May over the past three years. Grand Theft Auto 4 was released in April 2008.
Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto 5 takes place in Rockstar's vision of Southern California, the "largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created," the company says.
Starting next week on Monday, Nov. 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto 5 will become available for pre-order, the developer says. More information on the title is expected to be released publicly next month as previews for the open-world crime adventure roll out.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- A look back on Harvest Moon, the unlikely console farming simulator
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions