Nintendo has revealed details for its Deluxe Digital Promotion in North America, which will reward eShop users with points for each of their online purchases, redeemable for additional in-store credit.
The promotion is only available for folks who buy the Wii U Deluxe bundle, which includes an increased hard drive over the Basic set, as well as a copy of Nintendo Land. eShop users eligible for the Deluxe Digital Promotion will receive one point for every dime spent in the store (a $59.99 purchase earns 599 points). For every 500 points earned, the user will receive $5 in in-store credit for the eShop, which must be spent either on the Wii U or 3DS stores before June 30, 2015.
The Deluxe Digital Promotion will begin with the console's launch on Nov. 18 and run through Dec. 31, 2014. Beginning this December, Wii U Deluxe owners can log into the program's official website with their Nintendo Network ID to monitor Nintendo accounts and point balances.
These details match those first announced for the Japanese version of the Deluxe Digital Promotion, which was announced alongside the price model for the Wii U's dual SKUs last month.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month