The latest update for Guild Wars 2 fixes a key issue relating to the MMORPG's recent Halloween-themed Shadow of the Mad King update that rolled out early last week, according to patch notes made available from ArenaNet North American community team lead Regina Buenaobra.
A problem that caused "haunted doors" from appearing across three main areas of the game, Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, and Queensdale, is now fixed, writes Buenaobra. These doors, which act as a portal into the world of titular Mad King, will now remain open until the Halloween event's end on Nov. 1.
The Shadow of the Mad King update began Oct. 22, introducing a new character — a mad Krytan king — who was killed 500 years ago by those he oppressed throughout his reign. According to Guild Wars legend, his spirit was banished to the Underworld; However it returns every Halloween. Further information about the event can be found on the Guild Wars 2 website.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap (update)
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games