The latest update for Guild Wars 2 fixes a key issue relating to the MMORPG's recent Halloween-themed Shadow of the Mad King update that rolled out early last week, according to patch notes made available from ArenaNet North American community team lead Regina Buenaobra.
A problem that caused "haunted doors" from appearing across three main areas of the game, Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, and Queensdale, is now fixed, writes Buenaobra. These doors, which act as a portal into the world of titular Mad King, will now remain open until the Halloween event's end on Nov. 1.
The Shadow of the Mad King update began Oct. 22, introducing a new character — a mad Krytan king — who was killed 500 years ago by those he oppressed throughout his reign. According to Guild Wars legend, his spirit was banished to the Underworld; However it returns every Halloween. Further information about the event can be found on the Guild Wars 2 website.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free