Also, downloadable content more than doubled compared to the same period last year, according to the report.
"Take-Two's second quarter revenue and earnings exceeded our outlook, driven by the breakout success of 2K's Borderlands 2 and robust demand for our catalog and digitally delivered offerings," Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two, said in a prepared statement. "Our business continues to fire on all cylinders, led by terrific early results from 2K's
The company was set to hold its quarterly earnings call yesterday, but that was forestalled by "catastrophic weather" which knocked power out in much of New York City and caused widespread damage along the East Coast.
Take-Two plans to host their earnings call later today to discuss the quarter and what the future holds for the company.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- Visit Africa's first refugee-owned arcade with NPR
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- How to play Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn for free