Also, downloadable content more than doubled compared to the same period last year, according to the report.
"Take-Two's second quarter revenue and earnings exceeded our outlook, driven by the breakout success of 2K's Borderlands 2 and robust demand for our catalog and digitally delivered offerings," Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two, said in a prepared statement. "Our business continues to fire on all cylinders, led by terrific early results from 2K's
The company was set to hold its quarterly earnings call yesterday, but that was forestalled by "catastrophic weather" which knocked power out in much of New York City and caused widespread damage along the East Coast.
Take-Two plans to host their earnings call later today to discuss the quarter and what the future holds for the company.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors hits iOS March 17
- Tower of Guns - Overview video
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- GDC's growing advocacy track means the industry is maturing, says GM
- Brooklyn-based startup Turbo gets SoftBank investment to build 'cross-screen' core games
- Frog Fractions developer launches $60K Kickstarter for sequel
- Frozen Endzone hits Steam Early Access
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Jackdaw Edition coming to EMEA, UK this month