Also, downloadable content more than doubled compared to the same period last year, according to the report.
"Take-Two's second quarter revenue and earnings exceeded our outlook, driven by the breakout success of 2K's Borderlands 2 and robust demand for our catalog and digitally delivered offerings," Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two, said in a prepared statement. "Our business continues to fire on all cylinders, led by terrific early results from 2K's
The company was set to hold its quarterly earnings call yesterday, but that was forestalled by "catastrophic weather" which knocked power out in much of New York City and caused widespread damage along the East Coast.
Take-Two plans to host their earnings call later today to discuss the quarter and what the future holds for the company.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like