The soundtrack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, composed by veteran industry musician Jack Wall and featuring a theme written by The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo composer Trent Reznor, will be released on iTunes on the game's launch day, publisher Activision announced today.
"The story surrounding the single player campaign was of paramount importance to the developers at Treyarch," said Wall in a press release. "I wanted to do my part to give that story as much emotional depth as I could with the music. I think the fans will really appreciate how deep the story is in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2."
The previous Call of Duty: Black Ops score was written by film and game composer Sean Murray, who also scored True Crime: Streets of LA and New York City as well as Call of Duty: World at War, The soundtrack also featured songs popular during Vietnam Era, including The Rolling Stone's "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on Nov. 13, with a Wii U version scheduled to release alongside the console's launch on Nov. 18.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down