The soundtrack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, composed by veteran industry musician Jack Wall and featuring a theme written by The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo composer Trent Reznor, will be released on iTunes on the game's launch day, publisher Activision announced today.
"The story surrounding the single player campaign was of paramount importance to the developers at Treyarch," said Wall in a press release. "I wanted to do my part to give that story as much emotional depth as I could with the music. I think the fans will really appreciate how deep the story is in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2."
The previous Call of Duty: Black Ops score was written by film and game composer Sean Murray, who also scored True Crime: Streets of LA and New York City as well as Call of Duty: World at War, The soundtrack also featured songs popular during Vietnam Era, including The Rolling Stone's "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on Nov. 13, with a Wii U version scheduled to release alongside the console's launch on Nov. 18.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'