You may have noticed that your four favorite curmudgeons, The Besties, have been sadly AWOL over the past couple weeks. We've been getting messages from fans asking what's up, so I thought it'd be best to fill you in now, rather than on our next show. Don't worry, it's nothing bad!
Fans may recall us hinting at MAJOR CHANGIES (our words, not yours) coming to the podcast in the weeks before the outage. Allow me to enlighten you: We were in the process of transforming The Besties into an audio AND video podcast. Our intention was to post the video of each show on our YouTube channel while releasing the audio through our RSS and on iTunes as per usual.
Unfortunately we ran into a number of issues that kept this from being a tremendous success. The biggest was geography. Having me and Chris Plante in the studio in New York, while having Justin and Griffin calling in from West Virginia and Texas, respectively, was a pretty serious technical undertaking. While we were able to get it running, the audio and video quality invariably suffered and technical issues lead to audio delays which stifled a lot of the conversation that you find so charming every week. Frankly it just wasn't up to snuff.
Have we abandoned doing a video version of The Besties entirely? Nope!
Have we abandoned doing a video version of The Besties entirely? Nope! We're still up for it, and if you guys have suggestions for how best to pull it off, feel free to leave them in the comments. But until we feel we can really nail it, we're going to remain an audio podcast for your listening ears.
As for when you'll be hearing us next, that's mostly dependent on when Con Edison can deliver power back to lower Manhattan, since Plante and I record from our homes (which are currently very, very dark). Right now the word is that power will be back on Friday, Nov. 2nd but there's really no way to know for sure, and I don't want to make any promises.
Hopefully that gives you a better sense as to what's going on with The Besties. We love doing the show as much as you love listening to it, so no need to fear that you've heard the last of us. In the meantime, though, you can catch Justin and Griffin in the non-game-related-but-still-phenomenally-funny MBMBAM podcast while you can get your fix of Plante and me in elder episodes of The Cooperatives.
- VR headsets replacing standard displays is likely, not insane
- What is Bruce Lee doing in a UFC video game?
- Candy Crush maker King settles trademark disputes with The Banner Saga developer
- The modder who fixed Dark Souls' PC port scrutinizes Dark Souls 2
- Trials Fusion - Overview video
- Guilty Gear developer Arc System Works teases BloodRayne project
- Defense Grid 2 and the refinement of tower defense
- Why Square Enix uses DRM
- Oculus Rift helps dying woman experience the outside world virtually
- Everquest 2's All Access benefits include loot bonuses and loyalty items
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward