The most recent DayZ patch, version 1.7.3, was developed by both the team at Bohemia Interactive and the game's community, according to project lead Dean Hall.
Hall explained that Bohemia released the "half-done" patch to DayZ players, who then augmented the update with their own improvements and fixes. He highlighted 20 community members who worked on the patch, but said they were just a few of "many others" who helped out.
Bohemia expects the alpha version of DayZ to be available in December. The full list of changes in the v1.7.3 patch can be found below.
- [NEW] Tents can no longer be placed on concrete.
- [FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).
- [FIXED] Tents now are one click place.
- [FIXED] Fixed function for checking if in buildings.
- [UPDATED] Vehicle repair menus now all replaced.
- [NEW] Vehicle menus now list all damaged parts no matter if you have the item or not.
- [NEW] Vehicle repair menus will now let you know the exact item you need to repair on failed repair attempts.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Damage is now fully working.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Killed is now in effect fully destroyed vehicles will now set correct in db.
- [FIXED] Tents Now add and remove from db.
- [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
- [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
- [UPDATED] Updated UI control bug.
- [NEW] Toolbox is now needed for all repairs.
- [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.
- [Fixed] No longer possible to drink/eat/pitch a tent/put on clothes/build sand bags/cat wire/hedgehogs/consume medical supplies/free filled water without consuming the item.
- [FIXED] No longer possible to create axes out of thin air if you already have one
- [FIXED] Switching skins no longer repairs pain shakes/broken legs/resets/dupes/screws/resets ammo
- [FIXED] Duping no longer possible through zombie corpses/etc
- [FIXED] It should now be impossible for a new players spawns to spawn unconscious.
- [FIXED] You can no longer cook infinite free meat from camp fires
- [FIXED] Survivors should no longer pickup a single item at the same time and both receive it.
- [FIXED] You can no longer generate multiple tents while packing up a deployed tent.
- [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle
- [UPDATED] ItemWire reduced from 0.06 to 0.01
- [UPDATED] PartEngine updated from 0.01 to 0.06
- [UPDATED] Version info is now displayed correct
- [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. (Need to look at the effects with high player counts)
- [NEW] Combat 30 sec timer on all combat actions.
- [FIXED] Zombie death animation is delayed (now it plays instantly)
- [NEW] HiveEXT.dll now replaced with our new version.
- [NEW] Official Hive login is now hard coded into the .dll
- [NEW] New Hive can now set ingame time to custom, local(local server time), static
- [FIXED] Object Gear syncs happen based on radius not just on menu.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Position is now updated with client position.
- [FIXED] Vehicles save fuel properly
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- When a successful game is a failure
- Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima will present Rockstar's BAFTA Fellowship award
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Square Enix collecting feedback for Kingdom Hearts features, special editions
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- South Park's Matt Stone talks game censorship
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Hands on with what could be one of the Oculus Rift's best launch titles