New Super Mario Bros. U, the 2D Mario game that will launch alongside the Wii U, supports up to five users in multiplayer gameplay, and a new trailer shows off the co-op mode.
Mario, Luigi, and friends work together in the video, facilitating coin collection for each other and in some cases literally carrying partners to safety. The action look beautiful in high definition, and the levels themselves appear to be as inventive as ever — we just hope there's as much potential for trolling your co-op partners as there was in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
New Super Mario Bros. U will be available in North America when the Wii U launches on Nov. 18. Check out our E3 preview here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)