Director Paul Owens said that although the studio hasn't settled on an exact date, the aim is for a December 7th release digitally and on DVD.
The documentary's Kickstarter in March of last year netted the production company $210,297, earning one and a half times the initial goal of $150,000. The film will follow Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson for a year, beginning in early 2011 after the game's sudden rise in popularity following the late 2010 release of its beta version.
2 Player Productions is also working on a documentary for Mojang's Scolls, and has previously created films for Double Fine, Penny Arcade, and Sony.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these Goldeneye proximity mines