Few details are currently known about Bungie's newest IP, but the company has announced that the game will be an open-world, sandbox title. According to a mail sack post, the team "liked Red Dead Redemption so much that we hired Danny Bulla to come here and help us fill your next sandbox."
"[Bulla]'s done some amazing work and, so far, he hasn't tried to lash any of us to a pair of railroad tracks," reads the post.
Destiny is a sci-fi action shooter reportedly for the Xbox 360 and next-generation Xbox due in fall of 2013. The game is also said to have an option for a release on the PlayStation 3 and beyond. The franchise is described as massively multiplayer in style. It will have at least four downloadable expansions beginning in 2014 and continuing into 2020-one to release in the years between every major game in the series. Further installments are expected to be compatible again with the Xbox and PlayStation, as well as PC.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards