Few details are currently known about Bungie's newest IP, but the company has announced that the game will be an open-world, sandbox title. According to a mail sack post, the team "liked Red Dead Redemption so much that we hired Danny Bulla to come here and help us fill your next sandbox."
"[Bulla]'s done some amazing work and, so far, he hasn't tried to lash any of us to a pair of railroad tracks," reads the post.
Destiny is a sci-fi action shooter reportedly for the Xbox 360 and next-generation Xbox due in fall of 2013. The game is also said to have an option for a release on the PlayStation 3 and beyond. The franchise is described as massively multiplayer in style. It will have at least four downloadable expansions beginning in 2014 and continuing into 2020-one to release in the years between every major game in the series. Further installments are expected to be compatible again with the Xbox and PlayStation, as well as PC.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development