Galloping Ghost, an arcade in Brookfield, IL, recently created and set a world record for "Most People Playing Arcade Games At Once," according to RecordSetter.
Co-owner Doc Mac promoted the event as part of the arcade's first anniversary.
"On our weekends and on many event nights we are really packed, so it seemed like such a great goal to shoot for," he told Examiner.com. "We've been growing very consistently since we opened and I knew this was a great event that we could run once and a while. The cool thing was that there was a lot of interest in it. It all worked out really smoothly in the end."
In August, he shot video of the participants and submitted it to RecordSetter, an organization that seeks to "raise the bar of human achievement through world records," according to its website. RecordSetter's lighthearted approach to world records requires only that submitted records "must be quantifiable, breakable and include sufficient media evidence."
Galloping Ghost charges a $15 door fee to access its more than 250 games set to free play mode. You can check out more about Galloping Ghost at its website and find video evidence of the world record below.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes EU PS3 pre-orders to include Peace Walker HD