Downloadable content for Resident Evil 6 will require on-disc as well as downloaded data, a representative for Capcom told Eurogamer in response to a modder finding locked content hidden on the game's disc.
"We still have unannounced DLC for RE6 that will be revealed in the coming months and while virtually all such content will not be on the disc there will be one piece of content, that for technical reasons, requires the use of a combination of newly downloaded data and data that is included on the retail game disc," the representative told Eurogamer.
YouTube user Fluffyquack found the locked content hidden on-disc and posted videos demonstrating a new "No Hope" difficulty mode, as well as currently locked melee attacks, and taunts and costumes for Resident Evil 6's multiplayer. The final video shows a new soldier character, which could be a costume skin or an unlockable character.
Fluffyquack also notes that other files on the Resident Evil 6 disc point to two more map packs, four multiplayer game modes, and co-op for Ada Wong's campaign.
Polygon has reached out to Capcom for comment and will update this story with more information as it becomes available.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)