Downloadable content for Resident Evil 6 will require on-disc as well as downloaded data, a representative for Capcom told Eurogamer in response to a modder finding locked content hidden on the game's disc.
"We still have unannounced DLC for RE6 that will be revealed in the coming months and while virtually all such content will not be on the disc there will be one piece of content, that for technical reasons, requires the use of a combination of newly downloaded data and data that is included on the retail game disc," the representative told Eurogamer.
YouTube user Fluffyquack found the locked content hidden on-disc and posted videos demonstrating a new "No Hope" difficulty mode, as well as currently locked melee attacks, and taunts and costumes for Resident Evil 6's multiplayer. The final video shows a new soldier character, which could be a costume skin or an unlockable character.
Fluffyquack also notes that other files on the Resident Evil 6 disc point to two more map packs, four multiplayer game modes, and co-op for Ada Wong's campaign.
Polygon has reached out to Capcom for comment and will update this story with more information as it becomes available.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?