Lord of the Rings-based multiplayer online battle arena Guardians of Middle-Earth will be released digitally and at retail on December 4th, developer Monolith Productions announced today.
Guardians will be available for $14.99 on PlayStation Network and for 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade. Retail copies will cost $29.99 and include Season Passes for access to post-launch downloadable content. Physical copies will also come with vouchers equal in value to the full game in Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 and PSN currency for PlayStation 3. All downloadable content will be available for individual purchase through PSN and XBLA for players without a Season Pass.
Future downloadable content will include maps, a new gameplay mode, and additional characters, including several featured in the upcoming film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free