Lord of the Rings-based multiplayer online battle arena Guardians of Middle-Earth will be released digitally and at retail on December 4th, developer Monolith Productions announced today.
Guardians will be available for $14.99 on PlayStation Network and for 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade. Retail copies will cost $29.99 and include Season Passes for access to post-launch downloadable content. Physical copies will also come with vouchers equal in value to the full game in Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 and PSN currency for PlayStation 3. All downloadable content will be available for individual purchase through PSN and XBLA for players without a Season Pass.
Future downloadable content will include maps, a new gameplay mode, and additional characters, including several featured in the upcoming film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down