"Would you like to be a part of EA?," reads the post on the website. "Would you like to work on a game in the Need for Speed franchise? You now have the opportunity to become a part of EA Gothenburg and fulfill those two wishes! We are hiring, and we are hiring a lot!"
The unannounced title is being developed on EA's in-house Frostbite engine, and EA and developer Criterion have not officially announced Gothenburg's involvement with the series. Polygon has reached out to both companies for comment and will update this story with more information as we have it.
Rumors of a new Need for Speed began circulating in August when an online CV for an EA Gothenburg employee posted that he was working on "UI" and "Autolog" for "the best racing franchise ever - Need for Speed."
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'