"Would you like to be a part of EA?," reads the post on the website. "Would you like to work on a game in the Need for Speed franchise? You now have the opportunity to become a part of EA Gothenburg and fulfill those two wishes! We are hiring, and we are hiring a lot!"
The unannounced title is being developed on EA's in-house Frostbite engine, and EA and developer Criterion have not officially announced Gothenburg's involvement with the series. Polygon has reached out to both companies for comment and will update this story with more information as we have it.
Rumors of a new Need for Speed began circulating in August when an online CV for an EA Gothenburg employee posted that he was working on "UI" and "Autolog" for "the best racing franchise ever - Need for Speed."
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet