GREE is launching a new program to help support one independent studio every month with quality assurance testing, PR, and post-launch support with the release of any iOS or Android title on the GREE platform, starting this November, the company announced as reported by Gamasutra.
"Indie of the Month" will see that indie teams will receive one-on-one support from GREE for four-to-six weeks and will maintain all rights to the IP once the project is completed.
Participating in the program is free; However developers will remain responsible for GREE's standard revenue share commission following the game's launch on the platform. The company is currently accepting submissions until January 2013, and may extend the length of the program if it proves successful.
The program is currently only open to developers within the United States. Those hoping to be chosen within the first month must send their submission in by November 2nd.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development