Topia World Builder, a God game from developer Crescent Moon Games and Glenn Corpes, who worked on the original Populous at Bullfrog, will be available on the iTunes App Store this week.
A gameplay video of the world-simulation title shows off its touch controls, which allow you to mold the in-game world with your fingers — making rivers and bays, raising mountains from the ground and putting down grassland. In addition to the terrain-deformation mechanics, Topia includes a variety of animal species that you can bring into the world, and then watch them interact in the in-game ecosystem you've created.
Topia World Builder will launch tomorrow night on the App Store for $0.99.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer