The first wave of retailer-specific pre-order incentives for Square Enix's Tomb Raider reboot give buyers the choice between physical goods and additional in-game content, with three more rounds of incentives set to drop in the coming months, publisher Square Enix announced today.
Pre-ordering through GameStop will net buyers the exclusive Challenge Tomb, a standalone in-game dungeon featuring new puzzles to guide Lara through.
Amazon pre-orders consist of "The Final Hours Edition" of the game, which includes a 32-page artbook, a "Hunter Skin" for Lara stylized like classic action-movie camouflage outfits, and The Final Hours of Tomb Raider - Director's Cut Kindle Fire Edition, an interactive app following journalist Geoff Keighley on a behind-the-scenes look at the game.
Best Buy pre-order buyers will get the Tomb Raider: The Beginnings graphic novel by reboot writer Rhianna Pratchett, as well as the "Aviatrix Skin" bomber jacket for Lara's in-game wear.
Square Enix also announced a Collector's Edition will be available in North America, with details on its contents coming shortly.
Tomb Raider is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on March 5th, 2013.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone