A new mod in development for real-time strategy PC title Sins of a Solar Empire transforms the entire game into a Mass Effect series entry, called Mass Effect: Dawn of the Reapers.
Modding group Cerberus Skunkworks' Dawn of the Reapers is massive, not only adding environment and character skins as well as Mass Effect technology and vehicle units, but also tweaking the game's UI to create an authentic Mass Effect experience. Players can choose to play as a Council race or their enemies and have access to new weapons crafted specifically for both sides.
"The reapers have returned from dark space," reads the game's summary. "With Earth under attack and the mass relays in a state of chaos from refugees and the councils fleet engaging reaper forces the galaxy is a mess. The outcome is unknown, the warfare is devastating. The galaxy will never be the same."
Sins players can keep an eye on the mod's progress at Mod DB.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance