The Badass glitch, a bug that is causing some Borderlands 2 players to lose Badass Rank and Golden Keys, is unrelated to the release of a patch and the new Mechromancer character, a 2K Games spokesperson told Polygon.
The publisher and developer Gearbox continue to work on fixing the issue, the rep added.
"2K and Gearbox have been working steadily to fix a bug reported to us by fans that resets Badass Rank, and while this bug has only been affecting a very small number of players worldwide and does not affect the ability to play Borderlands 2, addressing this issue is still very important to us," according to the statement provided to Polygon. "We ask that players who have experienced this issue to email us at email@example.com with as many details as possible to help us gather additional information so that we can squash this reported bug.
"Coincidentally, a patch was released today and the fifth playable character class, Gaige the Mechromancer, became available for purchase and download today across PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC via Steam. The patch and the Mechromancer downloadable character class are in no way related to the Badass Rank issue, and fans can feel confident when downloading either item. A further compatibility update will follow in the coming days to address connectivity issues between those who have the Mechromancer and those who do not. Full release notes for today's patch can be read here: Xbox 360, PS3, PC."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding