Double Fine is cutting the price of all its games to celebrate the month of October, the studio announced on its website today.
Double Fine's community manager, Chris Remo, wrote: "October is a special month for Double Fine, because it is simultaneously ROCKTOBER, the month of Brütal Legend's release, as well as the month containing Halloween, which augurs the release of Costume Quest.
"We knew we needed to put one of these essential games on sale, but which one? Factions formed among the Double Fine staff, battling mightily on behalf of their chosen game, one side using a turn-based RPG-style interface and the other using RTS-style controls. Eventually both sides collapsed from exhaustion, and it looked like there would be no sale at all. But then, the weary warriors picked themselves up and realized that there was only one real option: PUT EVERYTHING ON SALE."
Every Double Fine game is currently on sale, with Costume Quest being discounted by 50 percent, Brütal Legend discounted between 69-81 percent (depending on platform), Psychonauts discounted by 50 percent, Stacking getting 50 percent off, Iron Brigade receiving a 33-50 percent cut, Double Fine Happy Action Theatre getting 50 percent off, and Once Upon a Monster being discounted by 15 percent.
The sale begins today and runs through October. The full list of sale items can be viewed over at Double Fine's website.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- AbleGamers Foundation raised more than $33K at PAX East 2014
- Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings will help players meet in the real world April 26
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam