Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, Visceral Montreal's upcoming third entry in the co-op shooter franchise, is set for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on March 26, 2013, and in Europe on March 29, 2013, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
Players who pre-order the game will receive the Overkill Edition, which includes the following bonus weapons, outfits and missions:
- Early Access to Three "Overkillers" Contracts: Unleash massive destruction with three Contract variations designed for maximum rampage! Players must kill enemies and cause environment destruction to earn enough points to continuously stay in Overkill while making their way to the extraction point.
- Tactical Co-op Gear: Lay down sustained cover fire with the TAH-9 side arm while decked out in the polymer textured outfit and mask or wield the Double D automatic shotgun while battling in the intimidating Overkill mask and outfit.
- Celebrate the Day of the Dead: Bust out the Day of the Dead themed assault rifle and take on Mexico's most ruthless drug lords in Day of the Dead themed outfit and masks designed by popular tattoo artists.
The game's developers at Visceral Montreal have said they're toning down the dudebro attitude of the franchise's first two games in favor of a more serious story set amid the ongoing drug cartel wars in Mexico. EA announced the game in early August. You can check out our most recent hands-on preview coverage here.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance