Crysis 3's pre-order bonuses now include a free digital copy of the original Crysis, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
People who pre-order Crysis 3 will receive Crysis digitally on the same platform — Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360 pre-orders; PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 pre-orders; and Origin for PC pre-orders. Crysis originally launched in 2007 on PC, and came out on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network in October 2011.
"The release of Crysis in 2007 was truly a watershed moment for first-person shooters and raised the bar on cutting-edge visuals and gameplay and we could not be more thrilled to include the original game as a pre-order bonus," said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, in a press release announcing the offer.
Crysis 3 pre-order customers will also secure the game's Hunter Edition for themselves. It provides early access in multiplayer to the standout new weapon, the bow, along with the Nanosuit module and an XP boost up to level 5.
Crysis 3 is set for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in February 2013.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes