Crysis 3's pre-order bonuses now include a free digital copy of the original Crysis, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
People who pre-order Crysis 3 will receive Crysis digitally on the same platform — Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360 pre-orders; PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 pre-orders; and Origin for PC pre-orders. Crysis originally launched in 2007 on PC, and came out on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network in October 2011.
"The release of Crysis in 2007 was truly a watershed moment for first-person shooters and raised the bar on cutting-edge visuals and gameplay and we could not be more thrilled to include the original game as a pre-order bonus," said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, in a press release announcing the offer.
Crysis 3 pre-order customers will also secure the game's Hunter Edition for themselves. It provides early access in multiplayer to the standout new weapon, the bow, along with the Nanosuit module and an XP boost up to level 5.
Crysis 3 is set for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in February 2013.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman