Mass Effect Trilogy, the three game compilation of the spacefaring role-playing game saga, is set for release Nov. 6, 2012 on Xbox 360 and PC and Dec. 4, 2012 on PlayStation 3, according to a post on BioWare's blog by Ryan Warden, external producer at BioWare Edmonton.
Trilogy will arrive in Europe on each platform three days after each North American release.
Warden also clarified each game's DLC offerings, which will ship as they originally did on their respective systems.
The PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect will ship with the Bring Down the Sky DLC "on-disc and on the PSN download" but not Pinnacle Station. The Mass Effect 2 disc will include the Cerberus Network, Kasumi — Stolen Memory, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker but not Firewalker, Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed — The Price of Revenge or Arrival. Mass Effect 3 will ship without on-disc DLC.
The Xbox 360 version will "include all DLC that came with the original games – Cerberus Network with Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 remains unchanged as well," meaning that Mass Effect will not have on-disc DLC and the other games will not include the DLC that appears the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect Trilogy. The PC version ships the same as the Xbox 360 version, but Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are available as free downloads to all PC users.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward