After the patch went into effect this morning, several PlanetSide 2 forum users began complaining of missing stats, certs and general bugs. Sony Online Entertainment President John Smedley told Polygon that the issues have been "already found and [are] being fixed."
Smedly also took to Twitter to address several of the patch problems. "Losing stats is something we had to do with this patch sorry," Smedley tweeted. "It will track them from here on correctly."
Smedley later added that the cert point problem was being addressed, and that the team "will do a cert point grant." The servers are expected to come back online by 8 a.m. PT; additional hotfixes will be applied to the beta later.
PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play, massively multiplayer first-person shooter for PC. The game is currently in beta, which will end on Nov. 16. PlanetSide 2 is expected to officially launch on Nov. 20, with a Mac release planned for a later date.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game