Star Citizen is space sim game being Kickstarted by designer Chris Roberts, best known for creating the Wing Commander series. After tipping $3.5 million, players will unlock cockpit decorations to stock their ships with bobble heads, hula girls, photos and more. For every additional $100,000 raised between current funds and the $4 million mark, another star system will be added to the game. According to the post, the game is "already well on [its] way to system #41."
Funding through both Kickstarter and Robert's company Cloud Imperium launched on Oct. 18; the initial goal of $500,000 was reached within six days. Both campaigns will come to an end on Monday, Nov. 19.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay