Star Citizen is space sim game being Kickstarted by designer Chris Roberts, best known for creating the Wing Commander series. After tipping $3.5 million, players will unlock cockpit decorations to stock their ships with bobble heads, hula girls, photos and more. For every additional $100,000 raised between current funds and the $4 million mark, another star system will be added to the game. According to the post, the game is "already well on [its] way to system #41."
Funding through both Kickstarter and Robert's company Cloud Imperium launched on Oct. 18; the initial goal of $500,000 was reached within six days. Both campaigns will come to an end on Monday, Nov. 19.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support