Minecraft on Xbox 360 will be getting new features and a long list of fixes with the upcoming 1.8.2 patch, reports Play XBLA.
New features include several culinary options. Players will be able to cook up Golden Apples and Pumpkin Seeds, as well as make stackable cakes. On 4J Studios' official Twitter feed, the company added that Golden Apples and Golden Pumpkin seeds would use ingot gold for now, "but will change to gold nuggets when we have them in the game." The company also revealed via Twitter that villagers will be in the next update.
In terms of interface, the patch will also add the ability to turn the player hand on or off, a How to Play page and much more. The list of fixes is a long one, but Minecrafters can expect problems with crashing signs in online games, game sounds, splitscreen, and pressure plates to be resolved.
The Adventure Update released for the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft on Oct. 16. The patch does not yet have a release date, but you can view the full list of features here.
Update: This article originally referred to the patch as being for Adventure Update itself, which was inaccurate. We apologize for the error.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support