Nintendo's Wii U will not have a universal achievement system across all its games akin to the Xbox 360's Achievements system or the PlayStation 3's Trophy system, the creative director and co-founder of Scribblenauts development studio 5TH Cell said in a post on NeoGaf.
Posting to the popular video game message board, Jeremiah Slaczka said that the Wii U does not have system-wide accomplishments. Rather, it is up to the developers to decide whether they wish to implement their own system.
"Scribblenauts Unlimited loosely has them in the form of 'Global Starite Shards' which is like a giant checklist of global things to spawn and do in the game that aren't area specific," he said.
The Wii U will release in North America on Nov. 18.
In This StoryStream
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us