Nintendo's Wii U will not have a universal achievement system across all its games akin to the Xbox 360's Achievements system or the PlayStation 3's Trophy system, the creative director and co-founder of Scribblenauts development studio 5TH Cell said in a post on NeoGaf.
Posting to the popular video game message board, Jeremiah Slaczka said that the Wii U does not have system-wide accomplishments. Rather, it is up to the developers to decide whether they wish to implement their own system.
"Scribblenauts Unlimited loosely has them in the form of 'Global Starite Shards' which is like a giant checklist of global things to spawn and do in the game that aren't area specific," he said.
The Wii U will release in North America on Nov. 18.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?