Adam Sessler, a longtime host of programming such as X-Play on G4, TechTV and ZDTV, has joined Revision3 as editor-in-chief and executive producer of games content, Revision3 announced today.
Sessler also served as the editor-in-chief of G4's gaming content. He left the network this past April after a 14-year tenure.
"It would be a dramatic understatement to say that the abrupt end of an experience that was part of my life for 14 years was striking," said Sessler in a blog post announcing his new home. Revision3's senior vice president of programming and production, Ryan Vance, reached out to him shortly after his departure from the network, and after their conversation and some "pants-less gallivanting" on Sessler's part, he realized that "it was clear that to get back to covering games with my values, I needed to get back to my roots."
Sessler will lead the existing team of video game commentators at Revision3's Games channel, which includes The Destructoid Show hosts Max Scoville and Tara Long as well as New Challenger host Anthony Carboni.
"While we may not know exactly what may come as of yet," said Sessler, "I can assure you that it will be honest, it will continue my interest in raising the discourse of videogames beyond the false contests of reviews and the fetishization of minutiae, and it will involve you, the community, because you are playing the games along with us."
In a press release, Vance was quoted as saying, "We look forward to adding Adam's creative vision to our existing gaming content and supercharging the Rev3 Games channel."
Sessler introduced his new job in a video, which you can watch above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)