National Geographic's apocalypse preparation program Doomsday Preppers now has a free mobile tie-in game, released today for iOS through the iTunes App Store.
Doomsday Preppers showcases the private lives of Americans preparing for the end of the world. Each featured group is assessed by a survival expert, who will share how the group would fare based on their strategies should the apocalypse come to pass.
The Doomsday Preppers iOS game takes tower-defense mechanics similar to Tiny Tower and inverts them, urging players to construct deep underground lairs stuffed with supplies for surviving the apocalypse. Individual levels can be dedicated to specific colony pursuits, including security, sleeping quarters for inhabitants, crafting and producing food. As more inhabitants arrive, players can assign each one a specific task.
Codes for in-game content will be shared through the Doomsday Preppers television program. Additional content can also be purchased through in-app transactions.
Doomsday Preppers airs on the National Geographic Channel. For a complete schedule of episodes check out the channel's official website.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming