Free-to-play MMORPG Star Trek Online launched its Season 7: New Romulus update today, turning the plot's focus to assisting the remains of the Romulan race in finding a new planet to call home, publisher Perfect World Entertainment announced today.
Players will aid Romulan leader D'Tan as he and his people look for a new homeworld, following their first planet's destruction in the previous Season 6: Under Siege storyline. The update introduces new worlds and civilizations for players to explore, including locales and people familiar to the Star Trek television series.
"This is the first time Star Trek fans will have a chance to participate in the story of rebuilding the Romulan Empire," STO executive producer Daniel Stahl said in a press release. "In Season 7: New Romulus, players will take an active role in shaping the conflict to come as they fight for the reputation necessary to improve relations and gain support of the Romulan Empire."
Players can download the update at the game's official website.
Star Trek Online was first released in February 2010 for PC, and features a storyline set 30 years after the events of the 2002 film Star Trek: Nemesis.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct coming Aug. 4