Zynga chief financial officer David Wehner left the company for a senior position at Facebook today, said Zynga, which simultaneously announced his replacement as well as a number of other new executive appointments.
Wehner joins the ever-growing list of ex-Zynga executives, which also includes chief operating officer John Schappert, chief creative officer Mike Verdu, chief security officer Nils Puhlmann, chief technical officer of infrastructure Allan Leinwand, OMGPOP chief revenue officer Wilson Griegel and Words With Friends co-creators David and Paul Bettner.
Mark Vranesh, who most recently served as chief accounting officer and previously held the chief financial officer position for more than two years, will take Wehner's place. "Mark Vranesh and I have been close partners during my tenure at Zynga and I wish my colleagues well as the company continues to deliver on its vision," said Wehner in a press release announcing his departure.
Zynga also appointed chief mobile officer David Ko, who joined the company in 2010, as chief operations officer. The role had been vacant since its previous holder, Schappert, resigned in August after reportedly being stripped of his duties.
Barry Cottle, previously the executive vice president of business and corporate development, has been named chief revenue officer. Before his tenure at Zynga, he oversaw mobile, social and casual gaming at Electronic Arts. And executive vice president of games Steven Chiang is now president of games. Chiang previously served at EA as senior vice president and group general manager of EA Sports.
The changes on the executive level have not affected Zynga's fiscal outlook for 2012, as laid out in the company's third-quarter earnings report in late October.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- Two Ubisoft developers watched a goat sacrifice while researching Far Cry 4
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- Destiny beta now open, no codes needed
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?