Zynga chief financial officer David Wehner left the company for a senior position at Facebook today, said Zynga, which simultaneously announced his replacement as well as a number of other new executive appointments.
Wehner joins the ever-growing list of ex-Zynga executives, which also includes chief operating officer John Schappert, chief creative officer Mike Verdu, chief security officer Nils Puhlmann, chief technical officer of infrastructure Allan Leinwand, OMGPOP chief revenue officer Wilson Griegel and Words With Friends co-creators David and Paul Bettner.
Mark Vranesh, who most recently served as chief accounting officer and previously held the chief financial officer position for more than two years, will take Wehner's place. "Mark Vranesh and I have been close partners during my tenure at Zynga and I wish my colleagues well as the company continues to deliver on its vision," said Wehner in a press release announcing his departure.
Zynga also appointed chief mobile officer David Ko, who joined the company in 2010, as chief operations officer. The role had been vacant since its previous holder, Schappert, resigned in August after reportedly being stripped of his duties.
Barry Cottle, previously the executive vice president of business and corporate development, has been named chief revenue officer. Before his tenure at Zynga, he oversaw mobile, social and casual gaming at Electronic Arts. And executive vice president of games Steven Chiang is now president of games. Chiang previously served at EA as senior vice president and group general manager of EA Sports.
The changes on the executive level have not affected Zynga's fiscal outlook for 2012, as laid out in the company's third-quarter earnings report in late October.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Peggle 2 is coming to PlayStation 4
- Is Activision pondering a Take-Two takeover?
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Themes are coming to Nintendo 3DS to make your old 3DS prettier
- Super Meat Boy Forever is an endless platformer, not a little 'throwaway game'
- Ambitious, beautiful multiplayer space combat game GoD Factory: Wingmen launches today