Zynga chief financial officer David Wehner left the company for a senior position at Facebook today, said Zynga, which simultaneously announced his replacement as well as a number of other new executive appointments.
Wehner joins the ever-growing list of ex-Zynga executives, which also includes chief operating officer John Schappert, chief creative officer Mike Verdu, chief security officer Nils Puhlmann, chief technical officer of infrastructure Allan Leinwand, OMGPOP chief revenue officer Wilson Griegel and Words With Friends co-creators David and Paul Bettner.
Mark Vranesh, who most recently served as chief accounting officer and previously held the chief financial officer position for more than two years, will take Wehner's place. "Mark Vranesh and I have been close partners during my tenure at Zynga and I wish my colleagues well as the company continues to deliver on its vision," said Wehner in a press release announcing his departure.
Zynga also appointed chief mobile officer David Ko, who joined the company in 2010, as chief operations officer. The role had been vacant since its previous holder, Schappert, resigned in August after reportedly being stripped of his duties.
Barry Cottle, previously the executive vice president of business and corporate development, has been named chief revenue officer. Before his tenure at Zynga, he oversaw mobile, social and casual gaming at Electronic Arts. And executive vice president of games Steven Chiang is now president of games. Chiang previously served at EA as senior vice president and group general manager of EA Sports.
The changes on the executive level have not affected Zynga's fiscal outlook for 2012, as laid out in the company's third-quarter earnings report in late October.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth videos detail damage-dealing Boost system
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'