Microsoft is giving away custom Xbox 360 consoles to longstanding Xbox Live members to celebrate the service's tenth anniversary, Microsoft's Major Nelson confirmed on Twitter.
"I can confirm we're surprising some of the [Xbox Live] members that have been with us the longest with one of these," he wrote, linking to a picture of gray console with a logo commemorating Xbox Live's 10 year anniversary. In a subsequent tweet, he teased that he will provide "details on how you can win one for yourself later this week."
According to a picture posted on AllGamesBeta, a letter from "The Xbox Live team" to a recipient of the console says that the gift is in "appreciation for your commitment and loyalty to our service the past decade." The package also contained a code for a free year of Xbox Live Gold.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)