Microsoft is giving away custom Xbox 360 consoles to longstanding Xbox Live members to celebrate the service's tenth anniversary, Microsoft's Major Nelson confirmed on Twitter.
"I can confirm we're surprising some of the [Xbox Live] members that have been with us the longest with one of these," he wrote, linking to a picture of gray console with a logo commemorating Xbox Live's 10 year anniversary. In a subsequent tweet, he teased that he will provide "details on how you can win one for yourself later this week."
According to a picture posted on AllGamesBeta, a letter from "The Xbox Live team" to a recipient of the console says that the gift is in "appreciation for your commitment and loyalty to our service the past decade." The package also contained a code for a free year of Xbox Live Gold.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League