The PC version of Assassin's Creed 3 will launch with all console patches when it finally releases, "or very soon after" its release, according to lead game designer Steven Masters in a Reddit AMA.
The PC title will include any patch released from now until its launch, and will feature a PC-specific patch "designed to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible," Ubisoft community developer Gabe Graziani clarified in the thread.
In addition the team has added extra DX11 support for the PC title which will offer significant increases to visuals.
"We've added extra DX11 support for the PC version, so you'll notice some significant increases in texture resolution (double-res in most cases, but quadruple in some), TESSELLATION (which is like, the new DX11 hotness) and some other shader improvements that will have an impact, but aren't all that sexy to enumerate in a reddit post, hehe," wrote Graziani.
"If you're going PC, I would opt for the Digital Deluxe version if it is available, because it comes strapped with tons of extra in-game content."
Assassin's Creed 3 is scheduled to launch on PC come Nov. 20 in North America and Nov. 23 in the U.K.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Tales from the Borderlands lets you stop and smell the chaotic roses