Grand Theft Auto 5's anticipated second trailer is available for viewing this morning, more than one year after the first trailer for the open-world title was released.
The trailer focuses on the trio of protagonists revealed in last week's Game Informer cover article, which player's will be able to swap between during the game's story missions. That trio is comprised of Michael, a family man who lives in the posh Vinewood hills; Franklin, a professional automotive repo man; and Trevor, who appears to be a complete and total psychopath. Players will have to utilize each character's strengths and abilities to execute intricate heists.
The trailer also shows off a few action-oriented sequences, including a (violent-looking) motorbike race, a jet dogfight over the city of Los Santos and, for some reason, someone drives a Jeep out of a cargo plane.
In a recent Famitsu interview, writer Dan Houser explained why the game was being developed for current-gen consoles.
Grand Theft Auto 5 will launch on PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2013. Check out the second, character-driven trailer above.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!