Grand Theft Auto 5's anticipated second trailer is available for viewing this morning, more than one year after the first trailer for the open-world title was released.
The trailer focuses on the trio of protagonists revealed in last week's Game Informer cover article, which player's will be able to swap between during the game's story missions. That trio is comprised of Michael, a family man who lives in the posh Vinewood hills; Franklin, a professional automotive repo man; and Trevor, who appears to be a complete and total psychopath. Players will have to utilize each character's strengths and abilities to execute intricate heists.
The trailer also shows off a few action-oriented sequences, including a (violent-looking) motorbike race, a jet dogfight over the city of Los Santos and, for some reason, someone drives a Jeep out of a cargo plane.
In a recent Famitsu interview, writer Dan Houser explained why the game was being developed for current-gen consoles.
Grand Theft Auto 5 will launch on PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2013. Check out the second, character-driven trailer above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.