Grand Theft Auto 5's anticipated second trailer is available for viewing this morning, more than one year after the first trailer for the open-world title was released.
The trailer focuses on the trio of protagonists revealed in last week's Game Informer cover article, which player's will be able to swap between during the game's story missions. That trio is comprised of Michael, a family man who lives in the posh Vinewood hills; Franklin, a professional automotive repo man; and Trevor, who appears to be a complete and total psychopath. Players will have to utilize each character's strengths and abilities to execute intricate heists.
The trailer also shows off a few action-oriented sequences, including a (violent-looking) motorbike race, a jet dogfight over the city of Los Santos and, for some reason, someone drives a Jeep out of a cargo plane.
In a recent Famitsu interview, writer Dan Houser explained why the game was being developed for current-gen consoles.
Grand Theft Auto 5 will launch on PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2013. Check out the second, character-driven trailer above.
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Tell Us Your Story