Nintendo will set up shop at malls nationwide during the holiday season, letting shoppers get hands-on experience with the Wii U and 3DS, the company announced today.
Dubbed the "Nintendo Holiday Mall Experience," the setup will offer people the chance to try out Wii U games such as New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, FIFA 13, Madden NFL 13, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, Just Dance 4, Darksiders 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited. The 3DS XL will also be playable; the list of available games includes New Super Mario Bros. 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Pokédex 3D Pro, Skylanders Giants, Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! and Sparkle Snapshots 3D.
"The Nintendo Mall Experience is your oasis from the shopping mall melee," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing, in press release announcing the program.
On weekends, Nintendo will further entertain fans with competitions, giveaways and visits from Nintendo characters. The Experience will run from Nov. 19, the day after the console's North American launch, through Dec. 16 at 26 malls throughout the U.S. Here's the full list:
- Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, Calif.
- Independence Center in Independence, Mo.
- Water Tower Place in Chicago
- Westfield Fox Valley in Aurora, Ill.
- Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, Texas
- Queens Center in Elmhurst, N.Y.
- Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati
- Mayfair in Wauwatosa, Wis.
- Castleton Square in Indianapolis
- Woodbridge Center in Woodbridge, N.J.
- King of Prussia in King of Prussia, Pa.
- Westfield Culver City in Culver City, Calif.
- Mall of Georgia in Buford, Ga.
- The Mall in Columbia in Columbia, Md.
- Solomon Pond Mall in Marlborough, Mass.
- Westfield Southcenter in Seattle
- Southdale Center in Edina, Minn.
- Dolphin Mall in Miami
- The Galleria in Houston
- Westfield San Francisco Centre in San Francisco
- Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park, Calif.
- Westfield North County in Escondido, Calif.
- Washington Square in Portland, Ore.
- Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, Ariz.
- Northlake Mall in Charlotte, N.C.
- Tyrone Square Mall in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- Two Ubisoft developers watched a goat sacrifice while researching Far Cry 4
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- Destiny beta now open, no codes needed
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?