PlayStation Vita sales have reached a new all-time low in Japan this week after dropping to fifth place in the Japanese hardware chart, behind PlayStation Portable devices.
According to the chart published by Gematsu, 4,021 PS Vita units were sold compared to 12,076 PSP devices. This is a drop from last week in which 4,842 PS Vita units and 13,868 PSP units sold.
Both 3DS LL and 3DS sales grew significantly, with 134,652 3DS LL devices sold compared to last week's 63,993 and 52,425 3DS devices sold this week compared to last week's 29,996.
PlayStation 3 sales dropped slightly from last week's sales of 21,310 and now sits at third place on the list at 18,043 units sold.
This follows Sony's revised sales forecast announced in early November, expecting PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable handheld devices to sell a combined 2 million less units than originally expected by March 31, 2013. 10 million units are expected to sell overall.
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.