Cloud gaming service OnLive will now come pre-installed on all LG Smart TVs in its Google TV (G2) series, with current set owners receiving the app over the air today, LG and OnLive announced this morning.
The app will allow players to stream games on their TV and access save files on any PC, Mac or Android device, as well as play online with other LG TV and compatible device owners. Players need only purchase an OnLive title once to play across all OnLive-compatible platforms.
Games can be demoed, rented or purchased bundled in an unlimited play pack including over 200 titles, with more added each month. LG G2 TV owners can also purchase the OnLive Wireless Controller for use with OnLive's game catalogue, featuring titles from over 80 publishers.
The LG G2 TV series is available as a 47-inch model for $1,699.99 and 55-inch model for $2,299.99. The latest update for Google TV will be available for current G2 TV customers today through an automatic software update.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map