In the upcoming Dragonborn add-on for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, players will venture outside the realm of Skyrim to the island of Solstheim, which sits off the coast of Morrowind, according to details provided by Bethesda today.
The expansion's central mystery is that of the first Dragonborn, whom you'll fight with new shouts and spells like Dragon Aspect, which fortifies your other shouts and gives you the power of a dragon for major attacks. New items, including Bonemold and Chitin armors as well as Stahlrim weapons, let you further upgrade your character. You'll need every advantage you can get to make it through Solstheim's many dungeons, which contain deadly new enemies, and defeat the first Dragonborn.
Dragonborn is set for release on Dec. 4 on Xbox Live for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20); Bethesda has not yet announced a release date on PC or PlayStation 3. You can see the first trailer here, and the first screenshots above.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming