In the upcoming Dragonborn add-on for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, players will venture outside the realm of Skyrim to the island of Solstheim, which sits off the coast of Morrowind, according to details provided by Bethesda today.
The expansion's central mystery is that of the first Dragonborn, whom you'll fight with new shouts and spells like Dragon Aspect, which fortifies your other shouts and gives you the power of a dragon for major attacks. New items, including Bonemold and Chitin armors as well as Stahlrim weapons, let you further upgrade your character. You'll need every advantage you can get to make it through Solstheim's many dungeons, which contain deadly new enemies, and defeat the first Dragonborn.
Dragonborn is set for release on Dec. 4 on Xbox Live for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20); Bethesda has not yet announced a release date on PC or PlayStation 3. You can see the first trailer here, and the first screenshots above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition