In the upcoming Dragonborn add-on for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, players will venture outside the realm of Skyrim to the island of Solstheim, which sits off the coast of Morrowind, according to details provided by Bethesda today.
The expansion's central mystery is that of the first Dragonborn, whom you'll fight with new shouts and spells like Dragon Aspect, which fortifies your other shouts and gives you the power of a dragon for major attacks. New items, including Bonemold and Chitin armors as well as Stahlrim weapons, let you further upgrade your character. You'll need every advantage you can get to make it through Solstheim's many dungeons, which contain deadly new enemies, and defeat the first Dragonborn.
Dragonborn is set for release on Dec. 4 on Xbox Live for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20); Bethesda has not yet announced a release date on PC or PlayStation 3. You can see the first trailer here, and the first screenshots above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign