In the upcoming Dragonborn add-on for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, players will venture outside the realm of Skyrim to the island of Solstheim, which sits off the coast of Morrowind, according to details provided by Bethesda today.
The expansion's central mystery is that of the first Dragonborn, whom you'll fight with new shouts and spells like Dragon Aspect, which fortifies your other shouts and gives you the power of a dragon for major attacks. New items, including Bonemold and Chitin armors as well as Stahlrim weapons, let you further upgrade your character. You'll need every advantage you can get to make it through Solstheim's many dungeons, which contain deadly new enemies, and defeat the first Dragonborn.
Dragonborn is set for release on Dec. 4 on Xbox Live for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20); Bethesda has not yet announced a release date on PC or PlayStation 3. You can see the first trailer here, and the first screenshots above.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)