Lifetime sales of PlayStation 3 have reached 70 million units sold as of Nov. 4, Sony announced today, with PlayStation Move sales reaching over 15 million units as of Nov. 11.
This milestone follows Microsoft's own announcement last month stating 70 million Xbox 360 consoles have sold internationally since its launch in 2005.
Early this month Sony revealed hardware sales saw a decline in the last fiscal quarter, with both PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 consoles selling a combined 3.5 million units — a drop from the 4.9 million units sold in the same period last year. Sixteen million PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 consoles are expected to sell this fiscal year.
While PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable devices are expected to sell 10 million units, a combined 2 million less units than expected, a price cut is confirmed for the PS Vita in 2013.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse