Lifetime sales of PlayStation 3 have reached 70 million units sold as of Nov. 4, Sony announced today, with PlayStation Move sales reaching over 15 million units as of Nov. 11.
This milestone follows Microsoft's own announcement last month stating 70 million Xbox 360 consoles have sold internationally since its launch in 2005.
Early this month Sony revealed hardware sales saw a decline in the last fiscal quarter, with both PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 consoles selling a combined 3.5 million units — a drop from the 4.9 million units sold in the same period last year. Sixteen million PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 consoles are expected to sell this fiscal year.
While PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable devices are expected to sell 10 million units, a combined 2 million less units than expected, a price cut is confirmed for the PS Vita in 2013.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?