Lifetime sales of PlayStation 3 have reached 70 million units sold as of Nov. 4, Sony announced today, with PlayStation Move sales reaching over 15 million units as of Nov. 11.
This milestone follows Microsoft's own announcement last month stating 70 million Xbox 360 consoles have sold internationally since its launch in 2005.
Early this month Sony revealed hardware sales saw a decline in the last fiscal quarter, with both PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 consoles selling a combined 3.5 million units — a drop from the 4.9 million units sold in the same period last year. Sixteen million PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 consoles are expected to sell this fiscal year.
While PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable devices are expected to sell 10 million units, a combined 2 million less units than expected, a price cut is confirmed for the PS Vita in 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.