Assassin's Creed 3 launches with the Wii U in two days, and images released today by Ubisoft show off the ways in which the game takes advantage of the GamePad tablet controller.
Assassin's Creed is a franchise that typically requires players to spend a lot of time with the game paused; exploring the world map and changing weapons are two common functions that often halt the flow of the action. The Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 does away with that by displaying the map on its screen. During combat, the screen shows the weapons at Connor's disposal, allowing players to change them on the fly. And in the game's naval battles, the GamePad's screen displays a large mini-map of the enemy ships and terrain in the area.
Assassin's Creed 3 will be available for Wii U on the console's North American launch date, Nov. 18. The PC version comes out on Tuesday, Nov. 20.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us