Assassin's Creed 3 launches with the Wii U in two days, and images released today by Ubisoft show off the ways in which the game takes advantage of the GamePad tablet controller.
Assassin's Creed is a franchise that typically requires players to spend a lot of time with the game paused; exploring the world map and changing weapons are two common functions that often halt the flow of the action. The Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 does away with that by displaying the map on its screen. During combat, the screen shows the weapons at Connor's disposal, allowing players to change them on the fly. And in the game's naval battles, the GamePad's screen displays a large mini-map of the enemy ships and terrain in the area.
Assassin's Creed 3 will be available for Wii U on the console's North American launch date, Nov. 18. The PC version comes out on Tuesday, Nov. 20.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)