Assassin's Creed 3 launches with the Wii U in two days, and images released today by Ubisoft show off the ways in which the game takes advantage of the GamePad tablet controller.
Assassin's Creed is a franchise that typically requires players to spend a lot of time with the game paused; exploring the world map and changing weapons are two common functions that often halt the flow of the action. The Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 does away with that by displaying the map on its screen. During combat, the screen shows the weapons at Connor's disposal, allowing players to change them on the fly. And in the game's naval battles, the GamePad's screen displays a large mini-map of the enemy ships and terrain in the area.
Assassin's Creed 3 will be available for Wii U on the console's North American launch date, Nov. 18. The PC version comes out on Tuesday, Nov. 20.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?