The mode will automatically appear for North American players in the game's main menu. According to the post, the mode was originally planned to be available through a code in the game's box.
"We really want to make it available to anybody that plays the game," the post reads, "so we want to take a new approach."
Contracts Mode will still be free for those in other regions; however, they'll have to follow the company's original plan. Redeemable codes will be available inside the game box, or as a free download through the online store.
Agent 47 returns in Hitman: Absolution, the fifth entry in the series, as he fights to save a single life in the midst of conspiracy and betrayal. The game releases worldwide on Nov. 20 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Roguelike-JRPG Dragon Fin Soup is two developers' quest for creative fulfillment