The mode will automatically appear for North American players in the game's main menu. According to the post, the mode was originally planned to be available through a code in the game's box.
"We really want to make it available to anybody that plays the game," the post reads, "so we want to take a new approach."
Contracts Mode will still be free for those in other regions; however, they'll have to follow the company's original plan. Redeemable codes will be available inside the game box, or as a free download through the online store.
Agent 47 returns in Hitman: Absolution, the fifth entry in the series, as he fights to save a single life in the midst of conspiracy and betrayal. The game releases worldwide on Nov. 20 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down