Capcom has announced details for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Tournament grand finals to be held in Burlingame, CA next month, an event that promises fierce Street Fighter battles, appearances from game creators and "super-special surprise announcements."
On Dec. 8, 45 Street Fighter players will compete for $125,000 in cash and a custom Street Fighter-branded Toyota Scion. Tournament games include Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike Online Edition and Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD Remix.
Attendees will be able to get their hands on already-released Street Fighter titles and unreleased games like Darkstalkers: Resurrection, as well as a "new surprise," Capcom says. The first 1,000 attendees will get free swag from Capcom and other corporate sponsors. Attendance is free.
Street Fighter producers Yoshinori Ono and Tomoaki Ayano will make appearances and be available for signings, photo ops and perhaps to deliver those aforementioned "surprise announcements."
The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Tournament grand finals will be held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in Burlingame, CA on Dec. 8 starting at 10 a.m.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards