The campaign has already raised well over $4 million, and, according to the update, has set the record for crowd-funding games. Within the next 24 hours, fans can expect news on the game's art, music and more. When the campaign enters its final 24 hours at 1 p.m. CT on Sunday, Nov. 18, the team will begin a telethon-style live-stream from Austin, Texas. Roberts and crew will answer fan questions and give away prizes, as well as offer limited-time special-offer packages to support the game.
A final stretch goal of $5.5 million has been set. If reached, the Bengal carrier will become playable in the final game as a difficult-to-earn, but "amazing base" for clans, squadrons and guilds.
The last updates will be posted on Roberts Space Industries, Cloud Imperium's website.
Thanks for the tip, Jean.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Why Shadowgate's developers want you dead
- Strike Suit Zero, Dishonored and more available free on Xbox Live Gold in August
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death