The campaign has already raised well over $4 million, and, according to the update, has set the record for crowd-funding games. Within the next 24 hours, fans can expect news on the game's art, music and more. When the campaign enters its final 24 hours at 1 p.m. CT on Sunday, Nov. 18, the team will begin a telethon-style live-stream from Austin, Texas. Roberts and crew will answer fan questions and give away prizes, as well as offer limited-time special-offer packages to support the game.
A final stretch goal of $5.5 million has been set. If reached, the Bengal carrier will become playable in the final game as a difficult-to-earn, but "amazing base" for clans, squadrons and guilds.
The last updates will be posted on Roberts Space Industries, Cloud Imperium's website.
Thanks for the tip, Jean.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business