Those who missed out on funding The Banner Saga Kickstarter campaign earlier in the year can still receive instant access to the RPG's multiplayer beta by paying a $15 fee to a PayPal account set up by developer Stoic Studio.
The Banner Saga: Factions is the multiplayer standalone title based on combat from the full Banner Saga game. Early adopters receive two Steam keys, a head start on creating and upgrading teams, an exclusive Veteran gem for in-game banners and multiplayer updates for early access to new classes and expansion content.
"We've gotten a lot of requests from people who missed the Kickstarter campaign who would like to join the beta," reads a statement from the studio, "As our backers have already generously donated we feel that charging a small amount for access to non-backers would be the most fair solution.
"In addition, you'll be helping to support us. We guarantee that 100 percent of money raised will be put back into production of the game."
The Banner Saga: Factions launches for free on PC this month, while a single player version is expected next year. Check out our in-depth interview with the team behind the game.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King gameplay video - 40 minutes of pain
- When men were men and women weren't invited: Looking back at Unreal Tournament's 'sexy' announcer