The SSD will be available for $169.99 ($20 off the regular price), along with a download code for the PC version of Ubisoft's upcoming tropical first-person shooter, from Thanksgiving (Nov. 22) through Cyber Monday (Nov. 26). Samsung also sells SSDs in its 840 series in capacities of 120 GB and 500 GB, but they're not included in the sale.
"The added performance of Samsung's new SSD 840 drives will allow gamers to make full use of the game’s open 'sandbox' environment, which allows unprecedented long-range gameplay and full tactical freedom in a world of beautifully realistic settings," said Geoffroy Sardin, Ubisoft's chief sales and marketing officer for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, in a press release announcing the promotion.
Far Cry 3 launches on Dec. 4 on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard