DmC: Devil May Cry will include four unlockable difficulty modes on top of the three standard difficulty modes available at the start of the game, Capcom announced.
The four unlockable modes, titled "Son of Sparda," "Dante Must Die," "Heaven or Hell" and "Hell and Hell," will be unlocked to users following playthroughs of the game on different difficulty settings.
"Son of Sparda" features remixed enemy layouts, alongside more intense enemy behavior and tougher enemies. "Dante Must Die" features what is included in the previous difficulty mode, and in addition will include numerous waves of the game's toughest enemies.
"Heaven or Hell" is another remixed mode in which both Dante and enemy characters die after one hit. More difficult yet is "Hell and Hell" in which only Dante dies after one hit.
DmC: Devil May Cry will launch Jan. 15, 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The title will release to PC soon after.
Check out our recent interview with series game director Hideaki Itsuno about the subtle differences between the North American and Japanese version of the title due to the game's sexual and violent content.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter - Overview video