Online video streaming service Twitch TV is partnering with Sony Online Entertainment to allow players to stream the games they're playing to Twitch TV's channels.
Players will first see the effects of the partnership sometime this weekend when the Twitch button appears in the beta of SOE's massively multiplayer first-person shooter, PlanetSide 2. By clicking on this button, players in the beta will be able to stream their game to the Twitch platform.
SOE and Twitch TV have plans to extend this to other games, which will allow players to live broadcast and stream what they're playing directly to Twitch without the need to set up a camera.
SOE says that since the Twitch functionality is first appearing in PlanetSide 2's beta, it may not be fully functional until the game launches on Nov 20. PlanetSide 2 will be the first game in the market to have a direct one-click functionality that streams a game to the Twitch platform.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake