XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a brutal, tough-as-nails strategy game, one that includes the ability to play in a mode that doesn't allow players to revert to older saves and permanently kills all marines lost in battle. So it's no surprise that there's been a little movement to offer more casual players an easier way to play the game.
A still undated upcoming patch will make the game's Easy difficulty easier, according to a 2K community manager on the official forums for the game.
The patch will also include a number of major fixes for game-hanging and visual glitch issues as well as a multiplayer connectivity optimization.
The patch will be releasing "soon" on all platforms, according to the post.
Finally, the developers are still working on fixing a glitch that sometimes causes XCOM to display a defeat screen even after you beat it. Now that's a hard game.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Disney Infinity is free to download on Wii U