Hurricane Sandy struck the Eastern Seaboard this week, taking power from the homes of the Cooperatives.
With limited time and resources, gaming took a back seat to taking care of friends, family and ourselves. Of course, in a time of stress, everyone deserves a break, so we turned to what was available: a smorgasbord of handheld games.
In this week's special episode of Cooperatives, we recall the game's that helped pass the storm. Our iPhones and Vitas were put to good use, and I squeezed a good thirty-minutes out of a Game Gear before its batteries gave up the ghost. And when all the power was gone, we turned to the most terrifying of games — games of the mind!
What games do you play when the power goes out? Is it possible to beat Sonic 2 on Game Gear on a single battery charge?
If you would like to help those hit hardest by the storm, there is plenty of volunteer work available on the East Coast. Those wanting to lend a hand from afar should consider RedCross.org.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible