Hurricane Sandy struck the Eastern Seaboard this week, taking power from the homes of the Cooperatives.
With limited time and resources, gaming took a back seat to taking care of friends, family and ourselves. Of course, in a time of stress, everyone deserves a break, so we turned to what was available: a smorgasbord of handheld games.
In this week's special episode of Cooperatives, we recall the game's that helped pass the storm. Our iPhones and Vitas were put to good use, and I squeezed a good thirty-minutes out of a Game Gear before its batteries gave up the ghost. And when all the power was gone, we turned to the most terrifying of games — games of the mind!
What games do you play when the power goes out? Is it possible to beat Sonic 2 on Game Gear on a single battery charge?
If you would like to help those hit hardest by the storm, there is plenty of volunteer work available on the East Coast. Those wanting to lend a hand from afar should consider RedCross.org.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18