Hurricane Sandy struck the Eastern Seaboard this week, taking power from the homes of the Cooperatives.
With limited time and resources, gaming took a back seat to taking care of friends, family and ourselves. Of course, in a time of stress, everyone deserves a break, so we turned to what was available: a smorgasbord of handheld games.
In this week's special episode of Cooperatives, we recall the game's that helped pass the storm. Our iPhones and Vitas were put to good use, and I squeezed a good thirty-minutes out of a Game Gear before its batteries gave up the ghost. And when all the power was gone, we turned to the most terrifying of games — games of the mind!
What games do you play when the power goes out? Is it possible to beat Sonic 2 on Game Gear on a single battery charge?
If you would like to help those hit hardest by the storm, there is plenty of volunteer work available on the East Coast. Those wanting to lend a hand from afar should consider RedCross.org.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?