Hurricane Sandy struck the Eastern Seaboard this week, taking power from the homes of the Cooperatives.
With limited time and resources, gaming took a back seat to taking care of friends, family and ourselves. Of course, in a time of stress, everyone deserves a break, so we turned to what was available: a smorgasbord of handheld games.
In this week's special episode of Cooperatives, we recall the game's that helped pass the storm. Our iPhones and Vitas were put to good use, and I squeezed a good thirty-minutes out of a Game Gear before its batteries gave up the ghost. And when all the power was gone, we turned to the most terrifying of games — games of the mind!
What games do you play when the power goes out? Is it possible to beat Sonic 2 on Game Gear on a single battery charge?
If you would like to help those hit hardest by the storm, there is plenty of volunteer work available on the East Coast. Those wanting to lend a hand from afar should consider RedCross.org.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?