343 Industries may use title updates to add features like clan support and campaign theater mode to Halo 4, developer 343 Industries' Jessica Shea wrote on Halo Waypoint's Halo Bulletin.
"Theater mode in campaign did not make the cut for launch for various reasons of scheduling, rendering issues and some significant engine changes," Shea wrote. "However, we are treating title updates very differently for Halo 4 and rather than simply using them as opportunities for simple big fixes, we are thinking of them as a way to sustain and grow features and options, so it is possible you could see saved films made available for campaign (as well as some other significant features) at some time in the not-too-distant future, but that's yet to be determined."
With Halo 4 updates, Shea wrote that 343 Industries aims "to continue consistent and meaningful sustainment updates to improve and enhance player experience."
Halo 4 launches next Tuesday Nov. 6, 2012. In the meantime, be sure to check out Polygon's review of 343's first original entry into the Halo universe.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19